My baby girl is growing up! There have been so many things this week that has reiterated this to me. Kids grow up so fast! When we had her, I got a lot of advice from other moms who told me to savor every minute because it all goes by at lightning speed. They were so right! It seems like just yesterday when we brought her home for the first time. And yet time has gone by so fast, it is sometimes hard to remember how tiny and small she was.
This week, the high chair has been retired. It is now sitting, folded up, in our hallway. Mackenna has graduated to sitting in a chair at the table. It is wonderful to eat meals at the table as a family. Yet it is a reminder to me that my baby is no more. In two short years, I have a beautiful, sweet, happy little girl. A little girl that has her own likes, dislikes, opinions, sense of humor, and thoughts and feelings. She is becoming a preschooler!
A few days ago, Mackenna was playing with Barbies. When she used to go to day care, she would play Barbies with our babysitter's daughter. There has been no interest expressed at home though...until this week. Now I am wondering if I need to buy her some Barbies and Kens for her birthday! She has also not been much for playing with baby dolls in the past. This week, she has also been holding her baby dolls, cradling them and walking around the house with them.
Saturday, Grandma and Grandpa Hendren bought Mackenna a bedroom suit at an auction. It is simply adorable! My mom and dad came over last night and helped me move it all in to Mackenna's room. My parents are just awesome! Mackenna's room still contains her crib; we will be transitioning out of it fairly soon though. Everything else in her room shows that it is a little girl's room, not a nursery. Mackenna loves her new furniture! She has been having fun opening and closing doors on her new dresser. She seems to love the colors on the furniture, and she took her dad in her room today to show him her new "bed." She has actually spent much of her day in her room, which is unusual. We are so glad she is loving it!
When it comes to children, time does not stand still. It travels at the speed of light it seems. I have to hold on to every moment and cherish every one! I certainly do not take it for granted!
1 comment:
Her bedroom is adorable! I can see why she loves it.
Post a Comment