7.07.2010

We Are Blessed...

"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses." ~Joyce Brothers

I so agree with the quote above! This past weekend reiterated this statement to John and I, tenfold. Last Friday, the 2nd, we met John's sister, Robyn, and brother-in-law, David, in Oklahoma City. We spent two days together, sight seeing, eating together, talking, and laughing. Our only complaint was that our time together was much too short! We caught each other up on our lives, shared experiences, and just had fun. It was a nice two days to forget about the rest of the world for a while. Instead, we just enjoyed being together, being family.

Mackenna absolutely loves Aunt Robyn and Uncle David! She had so much fun with them, whether it was sitting on Aunt Robyn's lap on a train or being hoisted on Uncle David's shoulders at Wal-Mart. She laughed and laughed as she was tickled, carried, and loved on. John and I can not wait to return the favor after David and Robyn have Ava in September. I love being an aunt, and I can not wait to add another niece to the mix! Of course we had such a good time, we already miss David and Robyn! We will see them again in October though, when we go to Texas to meet Ava.

Sunday morning, we left Oklahoma City to travel home. When we got back to town, we met my Mom, Dad, and Grandma Margaret in downtown Hannibal for fireworks. My Aunt Kay, Uncle Mark, and cousins Erin and Cody also came to enjoy the fireworks with us. As I took pictures of Mackenna and her great-grandma together, I thought about how wonderful it is for Mackenna to have this time with my Grandma. The love they have for each other is very sweet, and Mackenna is so fortunate to have a great-grandma in her life! She is also fortunate to have my parents so close to her. They have a special bond, one that is full of fun, laughter, and unconditional love. She is also blessed to have cousins to grow up around. Erin, who is thirteen, held Mackenna for much of the fireworks display, talking to her and pointing the fireworks out. Mackenna ate up all the attention. Thankfully, Mackenna loves fireworks! She even asked for "more" just a few minutes in to the display. My mom asked her if she was liking the fireworks, and she said, "Yeah." Now if we could just be consistent with our speech. That is another story though...

When I think about all the family we visited and saw this past weekend, the laughter and joy we experienced, and the unconditional love we received, it really is an understatement to say we are blessed! God has truly given us a gift! It is so important to realize how great family truly is! :) I am so thankful for mine!

We had so many pictures from this weekend (about 900) that I wittled down to a little over 100. There is a special 4th of July Weekend Slide Show on our page. Please check them out!



No comments:

Followers