This has not been one of the best weeks for me. Although I know it could have been much worse...
For the last couple weeks, I have been wondering (and hoping) that I was pregnant again. I had all the symptoms I had with Mackenna. Instead of waiting to get to day 17 this time, I called my doctor's office Tuesday morning. I had my blood drawn that morning, and by the afternoon they let me know my test was negative. The next day we called back to get my Progesterone level. Progesterone is a hormone women make, and when you are pregnant you most certainly want a high number. When I was going through infertility treaments it had been a 3. When I first got pregnant with Mackenna, it was a 16.5. My doctor's office told me Wednesday afternoon it was a 31.5. John and I started thinking of all sorts of scenarios. Could I be pregnant again and the HCG was just not showing up? Could I have uterine cancer? Could I have thryroid issues? Lots of prayers followed; it seems that is all you can do when there are so many unknowns.
Thursday I saw a Nurse Practitioner at my OBGYN's office. They first did a pregnancy test, and it was negative. A physical exam was next. Then an ultrasound was done. The fibroid I had when I was pregnant with Mackenna is still there, yet it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I did though have an ovarian cyst that has burst. The NP told me that could account for the high level of Progesterone in my system. They also took blood to run a number of tests. I should be gettng those results Monday, and I am praying that all is well.
It is a cruel twist that life can sometimes send you on. We were so happy thinking we may be pregnant, only to find out we weren't. My body just betrays me at times. Yet, there is also much to rejoice about. We were so worried thinking I could have uterine cancer; yet nothing shows that I do. Life really can change on a dime. I am always hoping that life throws us something that we can handle.
Then on Friday, I started getting a sore throat. I now have a scratchy throat, and feel like crud. Just seems I can not catch a break! I guess this is what we call life....
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment