Last night, I attended a surprise birthday party for my great-aunt, who is turning 75. Her children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and friends were there to help her celebrate this milestone. They were also there to celebrate her and the life she has lived.
It got me to thinking about what my life will be like when I am 75 (I hope to still be alive then!). What will my family say about me? Will they be there to celebrate my life? Will they think I have been a good wife, a good mother, a good aunt, a good friend? Will they admire me for the choices I have made and the love I have given? Will they see me as a giver? Will their lives be more richly blessed because of the walk I live? Will they know of my great faith and the importance God has in my life?
These are all questions I hope my family will not have to answer....because I hope my life speaks loudly enough of these things that there is no question as to the person I am. I am striving each day to be a better Christian, a better wife, a better mom, a better person. It is an unending improvement plan. There will never be a time in my life when I will be content with the person I am because I know I can always be better. I am just now at the stage of my life when I really like and love myself. It has taken a long time, yet I am comfortable with the person I am. I hope to be even more comfortable in my own skin as time passes!
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment