This weekend has been a great one! I have loved and cherished every moment!
Friday, John and I took Mackenna to the City Museum in St Louis. It is a multi-level building, that has been re-created as a playground. Everything was created by artists in the old International Shoe Company Building in downtown St Louis. The first floor consists of caves that have been created out of rock and wood. The third floor has a Toddler Town section that Mackenna fell in love with. She especially loved the slide! Every floor has its own story and sections. They were not very busy Friday afternoon so we got to explore and have fun without the burden of large crowds. I think we will wait a couple more years to go back; Mackenna will get so much more out of it as she gets a little older. She did however, have a great time. It was just a wonderful day, made even better because we got to spend it together!
Saturday, John had to work at Pike County Ambulance District. Mackenna and I attended a 40th Anniversary party for our friends, Forrie and Linda Gould. Grandpa Ron and Grandma Fay also attended. It was really nice to celebrate a life of love and commitment with a couple who are still deeply in love. I just hope that John and I will be just as happy in 2037! Yikes, that seems so long from now! Yet, the last thirteen years has flown by. I can not imagine my life without John, and I am so looking forward to the next twenty-seven years!
It was absolutely beautiful Saturday, with highs in the 50's and blue skies. As we were leaving the anniversary celebration, my dad volunteered to walk Mackenna home. We were only 3 blocks away from home, so Grandpa Ron loaded up Mackenna in her new jogging stroller. She loved it! I could hear her laughing and singing as he came up the street. Saturday night, Mackenna and I went to Quincy, IL with Grandpa and Grandma. We ate at Steak n Shake and did some shopping. Mackenna loves to spend time with her PaPa and Ma Ma, as she calls my mom. I have often heard the saying, "If I knew grandchildren were this much fun, I would have had them first." I truly believe my parents could have coined that phrase. They have so much fun with Mackenna, and she has so much fun with them. It is truly a gift that we live so close to them now. They are a constant in her life, and it is a joy to see them interact together!
Sunday morning, John came home feeling pretty good. He had actually been able to get some good sleep at work the night before. We checked weather forecasts for St Louis, and we learned the high was supposed to be 60. The winter here in Missouri this year has been horrid, to say the least! I do not remember a winter this bad since I was a child. To say we all have spring fever is a gross understatement! I can not wait until we have such great weather that Mackenna and I can live in the park! She so needs some days when she can just run around and feel the wind in her hair! We decided to take advantage of the great weather and head back to St Louis to go to the zoo. We have taken Mackenna to the zoo about a half dozen times since she has been born. We just love it there! Today was no exception. The weather was beautiful, and the animals were out enjoying it as well. Mackenna loves riding the Conservation Carousel at the zoo; she got to ride it twice today so she was a very happy girl. We took some great pics and enjoyed the sunshine!
It just does not get any better than this weekend! Any time that I get to spend with John and Mackenna are times I cherish! I am thankful I have a husband who wants to spend as much time as possible with his family. Unfortunately, not everyone has this. Some women have husbands who would rather go out with the guys or sit in a recliner watching sports on the weekend. I am so grateful John is not like that! I am sure there are times when he would rather be napping or catching up on sleep, yet he always finds time for us. I know he is frustrated at times because he is not home as much as he would like to be. He has been teaching some classes at night and working on Saturdays. Honestly, it really is the quality of time you spend versus the quantity. And we always find a way to make our moments together memorable ones! :)
One of my sincere hopes as a parent is that Mackenna knows she has grown up in a house of love. I want her to know how much her Dad and I yearned to have her. I want her to know how blessed we are to have been chosen to be her parents. I want her to remember the laughter, the smiles, the warm feelings that weekends like this one evoke. And I want her to one day realize that the sweetest sound in the world for us is her laughter. We definitely got to hear and enjoy those melodious tones this weekend. To John and I, it is the most pure and joyous sound on earth!
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago










1 comment:
Isn't life so much fun? I love the days when each and every minute is another sparkle of sunshine and you feel like there's not enough room in your soul to soak it all in because God has just blessed you that much! It sounds like you have been having one of those days/weeks and I am so glad! Love you!
Robyn
Post a Comment