4.02.2010

Date Night to the Extreme...

                Denver Overnight Photo Album, Picasa
On Tuesday, John took me on quite an adventure. It was something he had been planning since January. A nice little overnight trip he told me it would be...I had figured we were just going to St Louis for the day. I never would have dreamed he had bought plane tickets to Denver! Tuesday afternoon, we flew out of Kansas City International Airport and landed in Denver, Colorado. John had planned everything for our trip. My mom and dad kept Mackenna, something he asked my mom to do from the beginning of his planning stages. He had booked our flights, found our hotel, and gotten us a rental car all on-line. He went above and beyond on this one, and I love him so for doing it!

It is not every husband that would plan a fantabulous trip like this one! John had definitely planned an extreme date night! I must say that it made me feel so loved and cherished. It was amazing that he had gone to all this trouble for a night for me. I think I must have said "Thank You" about 50 times on this trip. It was just the kind of trip any wife would wish for! And he is certainly the kind of husband I always wished and prayed for!

When we got to the Denver Airport, we navigated our way to Budget Rental. And of all makes and models of vehicles out there, our rental happened to be a Kia Soul. Of course, we are Kia lovers and loyalists, so it was quite funny to us that this was what we were driving. The hotel we stayed in, Aloft in Broomfield, Colorado, was amazing. It had a very modern, art deco feel to it. The room had a mountain view, which was beautiful. The amenities were just awesome; John did good!

Late afternoon, we decided to venture to the Pepsi Center, which was where the Michael Buble concert was that night. We parked our car on the lot and walked through downtown Denver on a gloriously beautiful spring day. We decided to eat at Ted's Montana Grill, and we are so glad we did! Our dinner was wonderful, from the homemade chips and dip to the tomato and onion salad. John especially loved his bison burger. Our food was so good and our service was great too!

After dinner we walked back to the Pepsi Center. The concert began with performances by a group called Naturally 7. They were amazing! They do not use instruments, but instead they use their voices to make music. We were thoroughly impressed! And Michael Buble...what a performer! His concert definitely did not disappoint! His band and his voice are an unbeatable combination! I hated to see the day end Tuesday, but we were both so tired by the time we made it back to the hotel! We had to get up that morning at 6:30 to drive to Kansas City for our flight, and we got back to the hotel at 1:30am. A long day, but one of my best ever!

It is still unbelievable to me that John took me on this trip. He tells me it is because of all the sacrifices I make for him and Mackenna each day. Yet, he is the one who sacrifices his time and of himself to provide for us. It was such a great day, one that I will always remember! I will never forget the love and thought that John put into the planning of such an awesome day. Yes, my husband is amazing!!!!



1 comment:

Hillary Clemens said...

I was waiting for the report! Thanks! I'm so happy to have such happy siblings!

Followers