3.24.2010

The Busy Mom's Bible

Yesterday, I received a free Bible in the mail. It is the Busy Mom's Bible from Zondervan. About a month ago, John and I were traveling to Jefferson City when I heard two announcers on the Christian radio station in St Louis (Joy FM), talking about it. They let the listeners know that the first 5000 women who filled out information on-line would win the Bible for free. Well....I was one of the first 5000!

The outside of the Bible is really pretty; pink and red and leather bound. Of course what is inside the Bible is the true treasure. There are fifty-two one minute "Thought Starters" that allow busy moms to delve into God's word. The language is simple to understand, and I can definitely relate to the topics and narratives. I think my favorite part though is the Reflect and Pray section. It really makes me think about who I am as a wife, mom, and of course as a Christ believer.

This Bible is definitely becoming part of my daily routine! I love reading it in the morning; it just sets the tone for the rest of the day! Even with a busy two year old, I can still make time for God's word! I just love it!

1 comment:

Hillary Clemens said...

Hi Heather -

So, I just got your blog link to work! I'm so glad I can check on you. Also glad to hear that you are loving the daily Bible study. I'm trying the same thing...

Followers