Last week we took a family vacation to the Smoky Mountains and the towns of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville, Tennessee. It was a week we all needed!
We stayed in a beautiful cabin surrounded by trees and a glimpse of the Smokies in the back yard. The enclosed deck, the jacuzzi tubs, and the fully equipped kitchen made it a haven away from home. Mackenna liked the big screen TV too! Being able to have a cup of coffee and eat breakfast on the deck was such a treat; I will be permanently pining for that every day. I do not think we made it out of the cabin before noon any day last week, except for the last day (only because we had to be out by 11am). It was just a nice, relaxing time where no mention of work or house work was echoed (although I did wash dishes and clothes while we were there). Life was so simple, so fun, so relaxed. I wish every week could be vacation week!
We spent two days of our vacation in the Smoky Mountain National Park. We picniked, took pictures, threw rocks in streams, saw some geese and a deer, and just took in all of the beauty God was offerring us. Mackenna loved the state park! She is a nature girl for sure, and she definitely loved sitting by the streams and throwing rocks. Putting her hands in the cool water was an extra special treat for her. We also learned that she loves tunnels. Every time we would drive under one in the park, she would laugh and smile and then say "Yeah" when we came out.
Seeing the smiles we saw on Mackenna's face last week was the greatest part for John and I! She was such a good traveler on the 11 hour trip, and she was so happy just to be with her Mommy and Daddy. She laughed, sang, said some new words, actually held our hands when walking, and took it all in. She looked at everything as we drove through the state park, and she could not wait to find another watering hole. She wore two necklaces last week, not yanking or pulling on them at all. My baby has definitely grown up fast! Vacations will continue to be even more fun as she gets older!
On the way home, we stopped in Franklin, Tennessee and stayed with Bill and Jody Todd and their three kids: Kaleigh, Hanna, and Liam. Jody had babysat Mackenna for me when she was just a baby. They were on the staff at Woodcrest when we all lived in the Columbia area, and we just instantly became friends. I was so happy we were able to catch up with them again! We so appreciate their hospitality and friendship! It is so nice to have friends who welcome you in to their home with open arms!
As I look at pictures today, I am missing the Smokies so much it almost hurts. My soul feels so alive there, as I take in all of God's beautiful handiwork. I think it is just a small glimpse of how beautiful and gorgeous Heaven will be. I am so grateful we had such a fun and safe vacation. I can't wait until next year to do it all again! Wait a minute...I have to wait a whole year??!!!
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment