As I sit here in my comfy living room tonight, we are waiting on news about our newest niece. It makes me think back to the day we had Mackenna. It is so hard to believe it was 2 years ago!
I remember it like it was yesterday! Going to the hospital at 6:30 on a glorious Thursday morning with very little sleep the night before. Sitting in a hospital room with John, my parents, and John's mom. Being rolled into a room, having a spinal block, and being moved to a very cold table for the delivery of my baby. And then after a tiny incision, hearing the most beautiful sound I have ever heard: the cry of my babygirl! Mackenna was crying before she even left the womb. I should have known I had one strong willed child!
When they brought this beautiful little baby to us, she was screaming wildly. After talking to her, she immediately stopped. It is so awesome to me that a child who spends 9 months inside your womb can recognize your voice when they are outside that womb. God creates that special bond between mother and child from the moment of conception. It is both a wondrous and amazing gift!
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment