12.04.2008

Our First Blog




Well here we are on Blogger. We've been using Family Lobby for quite some time, but we decided it would be a good idea to keep family and friends both aware of the changes in our lives here as well. I am still learning the ins and outs of it so bear with us as our page changes. And if any of you have any advice on how to add items, please let me know. I've been trying to add a slideshow and a playlist for 2 days!

As of tonight, our Christmas tree is officially up. My Christmas season doesn't seem the same without the tree sitting in a corner. It is the symbol of the past and the present. In 1996 (the year John and I were engaged), we made it a Christmas tradition to buy each other an ornament. Each ornament is a reminder of how much we love each other. As I look at ornaments from the first year we were married I am reminded of how hard that first year was. Adjusting to each other, our schedules, and many unforseen things that happened just made us a stronger couple. Other ornaments remind me of special trips, special times, and special people that have made each Christmas more memorable. Last year marked the first year our Christmas tree held ornaments for three people rather than just two. As I look at Mackenna's First Christmas ornaments, I remember how small she was last year. Now she is crawling, trying to walk, and getting into everything! It is amazing how much our life has changed in a year. We now have a toddler instead of an infant, and we are living in a different house. Yet, Christmas still means the same thing to us: a time to thank God for His greatest gift, a time to give to others, and a moment in time you cherish because you spend it with your family and friends!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you for inviting me to your blog. I sure miss you guys and it's fun to have updates on your lives.

I expect this will be an exceptionally fun Christmas for/with Mackenna! Enjoy it and store up some really great memories!

tim davis

Hillary Clemens said...

Yay! You're on blogger! I'm excited. The best way I know to add a slide show is through Picasa. (It's a google application for pictures.) I'll call you sometime in the next day or so when I'm not moving. So excited for Christmas. Your tree looks wonderful.

Love you - Hillary

Robyn Becker said...

I love your blogger site! Hooray! Like hillary said, I always put slideshows in through picasa. If you go to www.picasa.com you can download the program for free. Follow links to create a photo album, then use the google gadget SLIDESHOW to publish it to your site. If you get stuck give Hill or me a call and we can try to walk you through it.

I love your reflections on the ornaments too! Such a good tradition. Love you! So excited to get another visit in in a few weeks!

Followers