We want to wish all our friends and family a blessed and very Merry Christmas! As I am writing this, John is loading up the van to go to Grandma and Grandpa Hendren's. Tonight we will have a dinner, go to church together for candlelight services, and come back and open gifts. I think I like Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. It's a time to celebrate the anticipation that comes with everything Christmas. It is also a night I reflect on the magnitude of God's greatest gift--salvation through the birth of Jesus Christ. What preparations must have been occuring in heaven the night before Jesus was to arrive!
I also love Christmas Eve because it is a time for me to spend time with my family. A time for my brothers and I to tease each other, a time to see the thought and effort that goes into our gifts, a time to reflect on Christmases past, and a just a time for fellowship and togetherness. Mackenna's first Christmas came when she was just 2 months old. We're so looking forward to Christmas with a 14 month old. What fun and great times we're going to have!
How to add a Pinterest Widget to your blog
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment