3.25.2009

Just Life


My heart has been heavy in the past month due to some changes that are ocurring in my family. Changes that are beyond my control. Changes that will affect all of us, though some much more than others.


These changes have made John and I re-examine our life and our blessings. We are so blessed to have each other! God doesn't make mistakes; He knew exactly what He was doing when He brought us together. John and I needed each other to make the other complete. Is our marriage perfect? No but is anyone's? Has our life together been perfect? No way. Yet we love each other more today than we did 12 years ago. Our marriage is a job we have to work on every day. Some days more than others! But I always know that John is there for me, and I for him. The friendship we share and the love we have I have realized is rare for some people. I most certainly count my blessings that I wake up every morning next to a man I love, but also a man I admire and respect.


Mackenna is a blessing I can not even begin to describe! When she smiles, hugs me tight, and kisses me I just want to cry tears of joy! After feeling the emptiness of not being able to conceive, I literally ached within for a baby. After trying nine years, I decided it was just not meant to be. And then God blessed us like He had never before. The tears John and I cried, the blame we heaped on ourselves, the disappointments, the anger, the sadness and despair all disappeared on March 8, 2007 when a little stick confirmed I was pregnant. Two years later I now have a healthy, beautiful, smart 17 month old who calls me "mum mum" and loves to wrap her arms around my neck. Sometimes I do cry tears of joy when she does something new, or just when I watch her sleep. I call these the "vaklempt" moments of life. I still think John has more of those though. And what a blessing it is to see your husband take his daughter in his arms and hold her close! John is such a patient and loving dad. I know he feels very blessed to be home every night to see his daughter instead of being away for 24 hour periods.


Some times you just really have to stop and count your blessings. It really does do a heart good!

1 comment:

Hillary Clemens said...

You were up late. What a beautiful post. You express so well what I feel about our family on so many occasions too. I hope some comfort has come to your fam as of late. Thanks for all the sweet pictures of Mac. Dang we love her!

Followers