2.17.2009

Getting Back to Blogging

Wow! It's been a while since I've blogged. So many changes have been going on in our lives in the past couple months. John's new job has allowed him to be home at night, but I still some times feel his 24 hour shifts allowed for more family time. However, it is great he is home every week night to see Mackenna.

And speaking of Mackenna, she had a long weekend (so did Mommy). She spiked a fever Friday afternoon, and it finally went away yesterday. She is rarely ever sick so this was an experience for her and us. As a parent, you feel pretty helpless when your child is ill. You want to do everything you can to help them and make them feel better; yet when they are not talking it is a guessing game. I couldn't ask Mackenna what she needed. I couldn't ask her if her throat was sore, if her head hurt, or if she had a tummy ache. Instead, you have to be a detective, constantly looking for signs and symptoms. I can't wait until she can talk! At least I will feel better equipped to help her when she can tell me what is wrong. There is a quite a nasty bug going around in which kids run fevers for two or three days accompanied by scratchy throats and headaches. I definitely knew there was something wrong Saturday morning when Mackenna only ate half of her banana. That is normally scarffed down each morning with her "uh uh ing" for more to eat.

And on the parent front, I am starting to feel like a bad parent. My daughter has an unhealthy obsession with a show called Jack's Big Music Show. She laughs, claps, and dances through every episode. And when I say laugh, I mean big, hearty, loud laughs. It is a show that centers around 3 puppets who play music in a "music clubhouse." It is by far her favorite show. If she is watching something else and decides she wants to watch Jack, she will actually grab the remote from my hands to get me to change the channel. Just tonight, she said "Jack" when the theme song came on. I did not want my child to become a TV junkie; I think though it has happened. UGH!

1 comment:

Hillary Clemens said...

Your blog is looking great! I'm so excited for August. Thanks again for working out all the details while keeping up with Mac and the rest of life. Sure love you!

Followers