7.29.2011

Family Fun

Yesterday we went to The Magic House in St Louis. It was the kind of day I live for. Days where we just bask in the oneness of our family. Days that are lazy. Days that are productive. Days that just seem to fly by. Days filled with smiles, laughter, hugs, and pure joy.
I love the wonder I see in my children's eyes as we go somewhere new. Mackenna had not been to The Magic House since she was one so yesterday was a brand new adventure for her. She loved every button she could push, every magnet she could touch, every tent she could get into to, every instrument she could play, and every puzzle she could figure out. She has a very mechanical mind. She quickly deduces how things work and how to put things back together. I may just have a future engineer on my hands yet! I was so amazed at how quickly she figured things out yesterday. Seeing her laugh and smile as she experienced new things was wonderful! She is a joy!





Evan was papoosed in a baby carrier on his Daddy's chest. He did not even make a whimper the whole time we were in The Magic House (close to 3 hours). He just looked at everything, smiled at his sister, and loved the motion of his Daddy walking. He was such a good baby! I can not wait until he gets older and can really experience the same "magic" Mackenna did.


Family days are just the best! I so look forward to the "adventures" we can experience as a family! Seeing the world through your child's eyes definitely gives you a whole new perspective. John told me yesterday he couldn't tell which one of us was having more fun, Mackenna or me. It is definitely a blessing to have such a great, fun day with your child!  :)
  

No comments:

Followers