9.16.2010

Unexpected Blessings....

John and I still find it hard to believe that we will be parents for a second time! The newest Clemens Family member will be joining us in April of 2011!

Mackenna was such a miracle after waiting for her for 9 years. We certainly did not dream it would happen a second time! I am finding that second pregnancy seems so much more tiring than the first. I am beyond exhausted this time! I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I am chasing Mackenna all day long. Some days she does not nap, which means I do not nap. My energy is so focused on her that many times I just have to push through the nauseau and exhaustion to get things done. When I first got pregnant with Mac, I was so excited and so in love with the thought of her. I am in love with this baby too, but my energies are otherwise focused. It is just a little different this time.

Honestly though, I think John and I are still both in shock. We saw the baby in an ultrasound last week and heard their heartbeat, yet we still can't hardly believe it. I really did not think it would happen a second time! I prayed and prayed it would. I so wanted Mackenna to have a sibling. I learned a lot about life from my brothers. Cooperation, the art of arguing, and how to truly laugh are just a few examples. I have so wanted Mackenna to have the same experience. I am really excited to see how she reacts to her new brother or sister. We truly believe she will be a good big sis. She comes up and kisses my tummy at least twice a day. We have told her she is having a baby brother or sister. I have told her Mommy's tummy will continue to get bigger. Yet, it is going to be a while before Mommy has the baby. When we moved in to our new house a couple weeks ago, she was in the spare bedroom with her Dad pointing all around the room and saying, "Baby." She definitely knows something is happening. However, the impact truly will not hit her until the spring.

It is so strange, but John and I are both feeling this baby is a boy. I had the same feeling Mackenna was a girl. However, I have been wrong many times before and could be wrong this time too! It may sound like a cliche, but we truly do not care as long as the baby is healthy! And we are certainly praying the baby is healthy!

If we could just figure out the money situation, all would be well! That is enough though for two or three more posts! It is both a very frustrating and bleak situation right now...

1 comment:

Colleen Clemens said...

Wonderful blessings...and with God, all things are possible. This will work out too.

Followers